Sanitation Workers collect and dispose of garbage in order to maintain the safety and cleanliness of commercial and/or residential areas.
Successful candidates will be punctual and great team players. Avoid candidates who lack physical strength and dexterity.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sanitation Workers:
1. How do you identify potentially harmful substances that should not be disposed of in a landfill?
Demonstrates experience working with hazardous materials and knowledge of proper waste disposal methods.
2. Describe the proper way to separate recyclables from other garbage. How do you identify the recyclable materials?
Shows ability to identify and separate recyclable materials from other waste.
3. What garbage disposal duties do you expect to handle on a daily basis? What weekly duties do you expect to perform?
Reveals job expectations.
4. How do you ensure that garbage is disposed of in a timely manner?
Proves ability to adhere to a strict schedule.
5. Describe a time when you had to drive and operate the garbage-disposal truck. Did you manage to operate it effectively?
Tests ability to drive and operate a garbage-disposal truck.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources