Route Drivers collect and deliver products to local clients. Route Drivers can be employed part or full-time, and work closely with the dispatcher. They also interact with several customers throughout the day. Duties may vary depending on the type of goods transported, as well as the number of pick-ups made per day.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Route Driver Job Description Template
We are searching for an honest, reliable Route Driver to complete deliveries for our company. Responsibilities include packing parcels and boxes into the vehicle, filling out route sheets and maintaining logs, obtaining signatures from customers, communicating with dispatch and clients, as well as performing routine vehicle maintenance.
To be successful as a Route Driver, you should demonstrate good driving and planning skills. Outstanding Route Drivers are physically fit, detail-oriented, and friendly without being familiar.
Route Driver Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading goods efficiently and carefully.
- Reading route sheets thoroughly, and planning trips to save time and fuel.
- Obeying rules of the road and company regulations at all times.
- Ensuring cargo is secured before moving off.
- Communicating with dispatch and contacting customers when required.
- Inspecting the company vehicle, which includes checking tire pressure, fluids, and fuel, and reporting any issues immediately.
- Interacting with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
Route Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver's license.
- Commercial driver's license may be required depending on the type of vehicle.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Ability to follow written, verbal, and telephonic instructions.
- A willingness to work overtime when required.
- Great mechanical skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources