Driver Helpers assist company drivers with the delivery of products or equipment to customers and clients. They load and unload products or equipment and maintain an accurate record of deliveries.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Driver Helper Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly efficient Driver Helper to assist company drivers with all deliveries. The Driver Helper’s responsibilities include loading and unloading products by hand or by use of hand trucks, collecting all rejected products upon approval by customer service, and ensuring that the delivery vehicle is clean at all times. You should also be able to build and maintain solid inter-departmental relationships to ensure effective communication.
To be successful as a Driver Helper, you should be able to follow all company safety practices. Ultimately, an exceptional Driver Helper will effectively engage with clients and customers to ensure that their expectations are met.
Driver Helper Responsibilities:
- Loading and unloading company products.
- Assisting drivers to find delivery locations.
- Compiling accurate delivery records and reports.
- Reporting all delivery-related problems to senior staff.
- Effectively communicating with clients and customers to resolve complaints.
- Liaising with the main office or the warehouse logistics team to notify the driver of any changes to daily routes.
- Assisting with the unloading of the delivery vehicle at the end of each shift.
- Obtaining clients’ and customers’ signatures as an acknowledgment of having received the delivered products.
- Ensuring that all safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
Driver Helper Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working in warehousing, manufacturing, or production.
- Proven customer service experience is preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work flexible hours.
- The ability to lift heavy objects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong work ethic.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources