Route Drivers retrieve and deliver products to local clients. They work part-time or full-time and should have some mechanical knowledge. Responsibilities vary depending on the type of cargo being transported, but they typically require excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Route Drivers should also be presentable and friendly.
When interviewing Route Drivers, the most suitable candidates will display good time management skills, and the ability to follow instructions. Be wary of candidates who turn up late and seem unreliable.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Route Drivers:
1. If you are unable to make a delivery on time, what do you do?
Demonstrates knowledge of delivery protocols, and also tests logical thinking skills.
2. Can you describe how you would do a vehicle inspection?
Tests knowledge of mechanics and maintenance procedures.
3. Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult client. How did this go?
Tests communication and interpersonal skills.
4. How do you make sure you stay fit and strong?
Reveals commitment to staying in peak condition for the job.
5. Can you describe how you go about planning your daily routes?
Tests logical thinking skills, efficiency, and fuel-saving strategies.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources