Registered Nurse (RN) Case Managers advise on and coordinate inpatient and/or outpatient treatment for patients, contingent on their needs. In this sense, RN Case Managers typically assume a less hands-on, though integral, role in patients' treatment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
RN Case Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a devoted RN Case Manager to coordinate and advocate for our patients' care. To this end, the RN Case Manager will be required to review patients' charts, and to meet with families and healthcare providers to establish the most suitable course of action. You should remain in contact with patients during these and subsequent processes.
To ensure success as an RN Case Manager, you should be able to remove pertinent logistical burdens from patients to ensure that they are afforded the time and space to focus on their health. Ultimately, a remarkable RN Case Manager will establish warm and meaningful ties with each patient and their family.
RN Case Manager Responsibilities:
- Conducting intake assessments with patients and families.
- Ensuring that families feel sufficiently equipped and supported.
- Developing individualized treatment plans that account for physical, financial, and other constraints.
- Adjusting treatment protocols, as needed.
- Suggesting and coordinating appropriate follow-up services to promote wellness.
- Ensuring that patients have transport to and from their homes and all pertinent healthcare facilities.
- Meeting with members of healthcare teams to discuss patients' progress, and to deliberate on appropriate care.
- Checking to see whether patients have sufficient insurance coverage or finances to pay for their treatment.
- Devising innovative solutions or suggesting appropriate referrals for patients who cannot afford to access treatment.
RN Case Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Advanced degree in Nursing is strongly advantageous.
- Certificate in community and/or hospital case management.
- Prior experience as an RN Case Manager within a similar healthcare facility.
- Driver's license and own vehicle.
- Familiarity with patient databases.
- Strong understanding of ethics surrounding the storage of patient information.
- Exceptional leadership, supervision, and motivational skills.
- Committed to promoting patients' well-being.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources