Interview Questions for RN Case Managers:
1. How would you manage a heavy caseload?
Demonstrates the ability to organize work and to multitask without sacrificing performance.
2. Which strategies would you use to coordinate treatment plans?
Assesses planning and supervision skills, plus sensitivity to patients' limitations.
3. Which techniques would you use to establish rapport with families?
Highlights interpersonal skills.
4. What would you do if a patient insisted on returning to an environment that was not conducive to their recovery?
Tests negotiation skills and the ability to modify unsuitable environments, if possible.
5. How would you maintain contact with patients after they are discharged?
Reveals expertise and communication skills.