RF Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced RF engineer to join our wireless communications team. You will be working closely with wireless network specialists to evaluate, maintain, and improve our radio frequency networks.
To ensure success as an RF engineer, you should have an excellent grasp of computer modeling, deep knowledge of wireless network systems, and the ability to work as part of a team. Top-notch RF engineers should be able to accurately identify network issues and design systems that improve speed and coverage.
RF Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring RF test equipment is calibrated to industry standards.
- Testing, cleaning, and packing field equipment.
- Traveling to customer locations and field sites.
- Testing the performance of existing wireless networks.
- Analyzing RF broadcasting equipment and suggesting improvements.
- Using computer software to design RF installations for new wireless networks.
- Troubleshooting network issues.
- Conducting laboratory tests on RF equipment.
- Ensuring regulatory standards are met.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a similar field.
- At least 3 years' experience as an RF engineer in the mobile telecommunications industry.
- Advanced knowledge of LTE and RF networks.
- Proficient with mapping software including Sierra, Atoll, and MapInfo.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of RF hardware systems and testing equipment.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Good troubleshooting skills.