VoIP Network Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified VoIP network engineer to oversee the installation and management of our VoIP network. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and deploying enterprise solution architecture, coordinating installations and migrations, and managing SLAs for IP telephony applications. You may also be required to troubleshoot LAN and WAN hardware systems and respond to customer inquiries.
To ensure success as a VoIP network engineer, you should have advanced knowledge of VoIP networking systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and knowledge of internet security. A top-class VoIP network engineer will be able to design and deploy the perfect networking system to meet the current and future networking needs of our company.
VoIP Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with IT managers to determine the company’s networking needs.
- Analyzing existing VoIP networks and computer systems.
- Developing architecture plans for voice and data services.
- Installing network hardware modules including IP and PBX communication servers.
- Designing and implementing Cisco Unity systems.
- Troubleshooting VoIP network issues.
- Analyzing and upgrading network security systems and protocols.
- Adding network users and managing company permissions.
- Optimizing network installations for future expansion.
- Training staff on network and system protocols.
VoIP Network Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working as a VoIP network engineer.
- In-depth knowledge of VoIP systems and IP Protocols.
- Knowledge of hardware systems including servers, memory modules, processors, and peripherals.
- Detailed knowledge of network security systems and software.
- Good project management skills.
- Familiarity with WAN and LAN systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.