Revenue Cycle Managers work in medical facilities and assist the Revenue Cycle Department in resolving revenue cycle problems. They supervise and oversee staff in duties pertaining to patient billing, communications with health insurance, collections, cash posting, account management, and contract analysis.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Revenue Cycle Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a highly efficient Revenue Cycle Manager to oversee all tasks assigned to the Revenue Cycle Department staff. The Revenue Cycle Manager’s responsibilities include identifying patient reimbursement issues, ensuring that claims, denials, and appeals are efficiently processed, and resolving billing-related issues. You should also be able to code diagnoses and procedures correctly.
To be successful as a Revenue Cycle Manager, you should be able to manage both staff and patient complaints. Ultimately, a top-performing Revenue Cycle Manager should seek ways to improve the functioning of the Revenue Cycle Department.
Revenue Cycle Manager Responsibilities:
- Implementing a system to ensure that accurate billing information is entered into the billing system.
- Supervising the Revenue Cycle Department in various duties, such as account management, communications with insurance providers, collections, cash posting, contract analysis, and billing.
- Managing staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and one-on-one meetings.
- Reviewing financial hardship applications.
- Overseeing the hiring and training of staff.
- Efficiently managing patient complaints in respect of billing and collections.
- Planning and structuring the department workflow and staffing.
- Correctly coding diagnoses and procedures.
Revenue Cycle Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications as well as medical office software.
- Proven experience in healthcare billing.
- Sound knowledge of health insurance providers.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources