Also known as a Store Manager, Retail Managers run the operations of a retail store to ensure that sales targets are met. Retail Managers do this by hiring and training staff, building positive relationships with customers and ensuring that the store is adequately stocked.
When interviewing Retail Managers, the ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal and business management skills. Be wary of candidates with poor leadership abilities and a lack of experience in retail.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Retail Managers:
1. How would you handle an angry customer?
Tests the candidate’s customer management skills.
2. Can you give an example of a time you solved a conflict between two colleagues?
Highlights the candidate’s experience leading a team.
3. The sales team failed to reach its monthly sales target. How would you deliver this feedback to your team?
Demonstrates the candidate’s communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Which strategies do you use to motivate your employees and why?
Tests the candidate’s leadership abilities.
5. What is your method for monitoring inventory levels?
Reveals the candidate’s knowledge of business management techniques
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources