Interview Questions for Retail Bankers:
1. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a retail banker?
Reveals the candidate's understanding of the role and highlights potential problem areas.
2. How would you deal with an irate customer who cannot make a withdrawal from their savings account?
Demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
3. What techniques do you use to cross-sell financial products?
Reveals knowledge of industry sales techniques.
4. What banking and office software are you familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise.
5. How do you ensure all clerical tasks are complete during your workday?
Demonstrates the candidate's time management skills.