Retail bankers work in the customer service department of financial institutions where they advise customers on banking products and assist with banking-related services.
When interviewing retail bankers, look for candidates with a professional and pleasant demeanor, excellent communication skills, and in-depth knowledge of banking procedures. Avoid candidates who demonstrate poor interpersonal skills and those who are not comfortable cross-selling financial services.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Retail Bankers:
1. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a retail banker?
Reveals the candidate's understanding of the role and highlights potential problem areas.
2. How would you deal with an irate customer who cannot make a withdrawal from their savings account?
Demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal and communication skills.
3. What techniques do you use to cross-sell financial products?
Reveals knowledge of industry sales techniques.
4. What banking and office software are you familiar with?
Highlights areas of expertise.
5. How do you ensure all clerical tasks are complete during your workday?
Demonstrates the candidate's time management skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources