Bankers, also known as Retail Bankers, interact with clients on a daily basis by assisting with services such as setting up checking and savings accounts, authorizing loans, and moving money. They also counsel clients on banking products and services.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Banker Job Description Template
We are looking for a client-oriented Banker to join our banking team. Your responsibilities will include working closely with clients to determine their banking needs, including discussing their financial requirements and providing financial advice, when necessary.
To be successful as a Banker, you must be able to communicate effectively in order to serve and assist a variety of clients and you must be able to resolve issues quickly and successfully, in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Signing on new clients and helping them through the onboarding process.
- Managing client bank accounts, including opening and closing accounts, and overseeing transactions.
- Processing deposits, payments, and withdrawals.
- Authorizing and evaluating overdrafts and loans.
- Handling other transactions, such as writing cashier checks or money orders, when necessary.
- Recommending and explaining banking services and products to clients based on their needs.
- Presenting and cross-selling banking services and products to existing and prospective clients.
- Collaborating with other banking professionals to ensure high-quality client service.
- Resolving client queries and complaints.
- Performing administrative and clerical duties, such as data entry and filing, when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Sales or customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of retail banking practices, rules, and regulations.
- Detailed understanding of banking services and products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), banking databases, and relevant software programs.
- Superb numerical skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication, sales, and negotiation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources