Personal Bankers assist clients in managing their bank accounts and finances. They understand the banking industry and have detailed knowledge of different investment and savings products available to clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Personal Banker Job Description Template
We are looking for a client-oriented Personal Banker to join our banking team. The Personal Banker’s responsibilities include working closely with clients to determine their banking needs and to provide individualized service by providing tailored banking solutions.
To be successful as a Personal Banker, you must successfully build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and be able to resolve issues regarding client accounts, effectively and efficiently, in order to ensure maximum client satisfaction.
Personal Banker Responsibilities:
- Recommending and explaining banking services and products to clients based on their needs.
- Managing client bank accounts, including opening and closing accounts, and overseeing transactions.
- Presenting and selling banking services and products to existing and prospective clients.
- Referring clients to in-house financial experts and/or relevant bank departments, such as mutual funds, and trust management, when necessary.
- Preparing documentation to open or close accounts, including obtaining signatures, and assigning account numbers, when necessary.
- Processing applications for credit cards, safe deposit boxes, and loan requests.
- Verifying bank account details upon client request.
- Discussing bank policies and procedures and any changes affecting policies and procedures, with clients.
- Resolving client queries and complaints.
- Performing administrative duties, such as data entry, as needed.
Personal Banker Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Personal Banker.
- Certification in banking from the American Institute of Banking (AIB), recommended.
- Working knowledge of personal banking practices, rules, and regulations.
- Detailed understanding of banking services and products.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), banking databases, and relevant software programs.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication, sales, and negotiation skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources