Restaurant Supervisors oversee all restaurant operations to ensure that restaurants run smoothly. They train and supervise restaurant staff, ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations, and resolve customer complaints.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Restaurant Supervisor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a customer-oriented Restaurant Supervisor to ensure that all restaurant operations run smoothly. The Restaurant Supervisor's responsibilities include overseeing the activities of restaurant staff, expediting customers' orders as needed, and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers. You should also be able to identify ways to decrease the restaurant's operational costs.
To be successful as a Restaurant Supervisor, you should exercise effective management skills and take necessary disciplinary actions to address poor staff performance. Ultimately, a top-performing Restaurant Supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that customers have a pleasant restaurant experience.
Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff's work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
Restaurant Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Hospitality is advantageous.
- Proven experience working as a supervisor in the hospitality industry.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources