Residential Aides help patients and residents in assisted living facilities with the essential day-to-day tasks that they are no longer able to perform.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Residential Aide Job Description Template
We are seeking a compassionate Residential Aide to provide essential services to the residents of our assisted living community. You will be responsible for helping people with their daily tasks, such as laundry, cooking, bathing, dressing, and cleaning.
To be successful as a Residential Aide, you should be sensitive and respectful, with a passion for helping those in need. Top candidates will not only be assistants, but companions who are great listeners and communicators.
Residential Aide Responsibilities:
- Assisting residents with daily personal routines, including bathing, dressing, grooming, eating, and using the bathroom.
- Providing companionship to residents and establishing a trusting relationship with them.
- Ensuring that residents are taking their prescribed medication.
- Reporting any concerns or medical issues.
- Ensuring that the residents' living quarters are safe and well-organized.
- Keeping records of resident activity, behavior, and moods.
- Leading group activities and outings.
- Performing any reasonable requests that residents ask for.
- Collaborating with management and coworkers to ensure residents receive the best quality of life possible.
Residential Aide Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Experience working with elderly or disabled people.
- First aid and CPR training preferrable.
- CNA or similar certification a plus.
- Friendly, professional demeanor.
- Strong emotional intelligence and listening skills.
- Good physical fitness.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources