Interview Questions for Residential Aides:
1. Can you tell us about a particularly difficult client that you've worked with?
Tests the candidate's experience, and their ability to overcome difficulties.
2. How would you proceed if a client refused to take their medication?
Tests the candidate's ability to resolve conflicts.
3. Do you know how to tell if someone is about to have a heart attack or stroke?
Tests the candidate's basic knowledge of medical conditions.
4. Can you tell us about a positive interaction you've had with a client?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal skills and ability to act as a companion.
5. What sort of details do you think are important to include in daily reports about clients?
Tests the candidate's observation skills, and their ability to write useful reports.