Rehab Technicians provide assistance to physical therapists. They obtain patient information, perform physical therapy under supervision, and manage patient transportation. They may work at hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and other medical facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Rehab Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a capable and friendly Rehab Technician to support our physical therapist. In this role, your duties will include assisting with patient intake, performing treatments under supervision, and maintaining patient records. You may also be required to help keep the facility and equipment organized and clean.
To ensure success as a Rehab Technician, you should possess knowledge of therapeutic techniques and ideally have experience in a similar role. A top-notch Rehab Technician will be a team player and someone with exceptional interpersonal skills.
Rehab Technician Responsibilities:
- Obtaining patients' personal information and updating medical histories.
- Assisting patients to reach examination and treatment rooms.
- Conducting initial assessments and basic diagnostic tests.
- Performing treatments under direct supervision of licensed physical therapists, such as massage therapy and electric muscle stimulation.
- Supporting physical therapists with complicated treatments, as well as assisting patients with physical activities.
- Maintaining and updating patient records.
- Managing patient mobility within the facility, as well as transportation to off-site appointments.
- Sterilizing therapeutic equipment and ensuring that facilities are kept clean and tidy.
- Safely disposing hazardous waste and soiled materials.
Rehab Technician Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CPR certification will be advantageous.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
- Proficiency in electronic medical record (EMR) software, such as Cliniko and Kareo.
- Experience in obtaining patient information and performing basic assessments.
- Knowledge of physical therapy techniques, treatments, and equipment.
- Advanced ability to manage patient mobility and transportation needs.
- Ability to maintain a clean, tidy, and safe environment in line with regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, as well as a caring nature.
- Physically fit to assist immobile, injured, and frail patients.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources