Recruitment assistants are involved with a company's hiring processes and activities. Their duties include contacting potential candidates, scheduling interviews, and assisting the HR department during the recruitment process. They may also need to perform background checks and verify a candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Recruitment Assistant Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic recruitment assistant to help facilitate the company's hiring process. In this role, you'll support the company’s human resources department with recruitment duties and ensure that all recruitment procedures run smoothly.
To be a successful recruitment assistant, you should have excellent organizational and desktop skills. Ultimately, a top-notch recruitment assistant should be able to communicate effectively with interviewees and display a calm demeanor.
Recruitment Assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing recruitment duties such as scheduling interviews, updating the calendar accordingly, answering phone calls, and monitoring emails.
- Working closely with the human resources department to maintain the candidate database and handle any relevant paperwork.
- Preparing and posting job advertisements online and in print media.
- Screening candidates by performing background checks and verifying their qualifications and experience.
- Greeting and assisting interviewees onsite.
- Following up with candidates during the recruitment process, like shortlisting callbacks or rejection emails.
- Resolving issues such as interview cancellations swiftly.
- Assisting successful candidates with the onboarding process, including preparing documents and coordinating orientation agendas.
Recruitment Assistant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or relevant field.
- At least one year's experience as a recruitment assistant or a related role.
- Familiarity with standard hiring practices, such as scheduling interviews and onboarding processes.
- Solid desktop skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources