Real Estate Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable real estate manager to ensure that our property and related finances are optimally managed. In this role, you will be responsible for negotiating rental agreements, purchasing supplies, and supervising staff members and groundskeepers.
To ensure success, real estate managers should possess extensive experience in real estate management and the ability to negotiate contracts. An outstanding real estate manager will be someone with sound financial knowledge who can successfully manage a property.
Real Estate Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing the purchase, sale, rental, or development of properties.
- Monitoring real estate income and expenditure, as well as collecting payments.
- Determining rental income and negotiating lease agreements.
- Authorizing maintenance, repair, equipment, and supply expenditure.
- Negotiating contracts with vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Overseeing maintenance workers, cleaning crews, contractors, and groundskeepers.
- Keeping owners informed on taxes, occupancy rates, and lease expiration dates.
- Resolving complaints from residents and tenants.
- Preparing financial statements and records.
- Reporting to real estate owners and investors on a regular basis.
Real Estate Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in real estate, finance, business administration, or project management.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a project management, real estate, or a similar role.
- Extensive experience in managing property purchases, sales, rentals, and development.
- Proficiency in real estate management software, like Buildium and AppFolio.
- Experience in managing payments, negotiating contracts, and determining rental rates.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable property law, taxes, and financial statements.
- Knowledge of property maintenance and procurement of vendors and suppliers.
- Ability to resolve resident and tenant complaints, as well as to supervise workers and contractors.
- Advanced ability to keep property owners and investors updated.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.