Radio Disc Jockeys, or Radio DJs, host live and prerecorded shows that are publicly accessible. Salient Radio DJ duties include playing music, discussing noteworthy events, and steering interviews.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Radio DJ Job Description Template
We are searching for a boisterous Radio DJ to host live shows. The Radio DJ should play popular music, read paid advertisements, and discuss prominent affairs. You should also converse with callers on occasion.
To ensure success as a Radio DJ, you should be a high-energy, eloquently spoken individual. Ultimately, a remarkable Radio DJ will possess refined musical and news-related knowledge.
Radio DJ Responsibilities:
- Playing requested and hand-selected songs.
- Reading advertisements and weather forecasts verbatim.
- Incorporating prerecorded advertisements organically.
- Researching popular discourses and news stories.
- Delivering traffic reports, news segments, and interviews.
- Speaking to callers to unveil their insights into ongoing events.
- Hosting live draws and competitions.
- Avoiding vulgar speech and discussions about taboo phenomena.
Radio DJ Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Degree in Broadcasting Journalism, Communication Studies, or similar is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience as a Radio DJ.
- Familiarity with classic and recent music outputs.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Well-honed research, improvisation, and time management abilities.
- Finely-tuned presenting and interviewing techniques.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources