Sometimes known as Buyers or Purchasing Agents, Purchasers buy goods, tools, and equipment for their own company or for resale to customers. Purchasers work full-time, doing market research, inventory monitoring, and various other duties within the office. They form part of a team, and will also travel to warehouses and meet with global suppliers.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Purchaser Job Description Template
We are searching for a tech-savvy Purchaser with a keen eye for detail to buy various goods for our company. The Purchaser's duties will include conducting market research, building a network of reliable vendors and service providers, negotiating the best contracts, inspecting deliveries, and traveling overseas to secure deals and meet with potential clients. You should have stellar communication skills and display a high degree of cultural sensitivity to fill this role.
To be successful as a Purchaser, you should be able to identify emerging consumer trends and have a good ability to read people. Oustanding Purchasers are able to juggle multiple responsibilities at once and make important decisions in fast-paced environments.
- Conducting research on potential products, vendors, and services, and comparing price and quality to ensure the best deal.
- Meeting with vendors and clients to negotiate the best contracts.
- Liaising with delivery and warehouse teams to ensure goods are received on time.
- Monitoring inventory and writing orders to refill stock.
- Attending events, shows, and exhibitions to network with vendors and view new products.
- Inspecting purchased products upon delivery and reporting any issues timely.
- Updating all records of purchased products.
- Writing reports on purchases made and performing cost analyses.
- Attending and contributing to meetings with staff and other stakeholders.
- High school diploma.
- BSc in Business Administration or similar.
- Retail experience or similar.
- Practical experience with purchasing software.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound research and networking skills.
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources