Public Speakers write and deliver informative and engaging speeches to a live audience. Public Speakers may be self-employed or work as a spokesperson for a company or government organization. Their job is to impart key product or industry information in an engaging and innovative way.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Public Speaker Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Public Speaker to give passionate and informative speeches about our company and its products. As a Public Speaker you will be responsible for conducting pre-speech research, writing and outlining speech scripts, and delivering high-quality speeches to audiences across the state. You may also be required to answer audience questions and interact with members of the public.
To ensure success as a Public Speaker, you should have excellent verbal communication skills, a talent for public speaking, and the ability to travel extensively. A top-notch Public Speaker is able to impart key information to a live audience in a meaningful and entertaining way.
Public Speaker Responsibilities:
- Meeting with company managers to discuss speech topics.
- Conducting pre-speech research.
- Outlining and writing speech scripts.
- Rehearsing and perfecting speech delivery.
- Driving to public auditoriums and conference centers.
- Conducting sound and microphone checks.
- Presenting speeches about the company and its products.
- Answering audience questions.
- Interacting with members of the public.
- Attending post-speech meetings with company managers.
Public Speaker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Public Speaker.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of presentation software and slide projection tools.
- Good teaching and sales skills.
- Good memorization skills.
- Audience assessment skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel extensively.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources