Motivational Speakers give informative and inspirational speeches to large groups of people. They are hired by schools, government agencies or businesses to speak on topics such as achieving financial success, living a healthy lifestyle or creating balance between work and lifestyle.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Motivational Speaker Job Description Template
We are looking for a Motivational Speaker to deliver passionate and inspiring speeches to our business audiences. As a motivational speaker you will be required to do in-depth research on speech topics, write and review speech scripts, and deliver passionate speeches in front of large audiences. You may also be required to answer audience questions and speak about personal experiences.
To ensure success as a Motivational Speaker, you should have a passion for personal empowerment, excellent verbal communication skills, and a charismatic nature. Ultimately, a top-class Motivational Speaker captures the attention of the audience and imparts practical, inspiring information that will motivate action in the listener.
Motivational Speaker Responsibilities:
- Meeting with business consultants to discuss motivational speech ideas.
- Researching inspirational topics in books and online.
- Attending talks on similar topics.
- Interviewing people with true-life inspirational stories.
- Writing motivational speech scripts.
- Conducting sound checks at the venue.
- Delivering passionate and informative motivational speeches.
- Speaking about personal experiences.
- Answering audience questions.
- Creating feedback reports.
Motivational Speaker Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Natural gift for speaking on stage.
- Professional and charismatic disposition.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate personal experience into motivational concepts.
- Ability to write and deliver speeches.
- Ability to talk in front of large audiences.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources