Also known as Event Planners or Event Producers, Event Specialists are responsible for creating event concepts, selecting venues, budgeting, securing sponsorships, handling logistics, handling event marketing, negotiating with sub-contractors, preparing expenditure reports, and evaluating event effectiveness.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Event Specialist Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-motivated and outgoing Event Specialist to assist our organization in delivering phenomenal events that build business relationships, generate excitement around our organization, grow sales, and amplify brand awareness. The Event Specialist will be responsible for conceptualizing event themes, preparing and managing event timelines, coordinating technical aspects, generating media interest and coverage, processing invoices, marketing, managing event staff, preparing expenditure reports, and managing risk. Your creativity and resourcefulness in organizing and hosting successful events that meet business objectives will aid us in promoting products, engaging with clients, inspiring confidence in our brand, and communicating brand strategy to internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role should have superior organizational skills, great leadership qualities, excellent multi-tasking skills, superb interpersonal skills, and be creative. The exceptional Event Specialist should deliver a remarkable brand experience for our clients, reinforce client-to-business relations, enhance our organization's image, aid business growth, and deliver events that meet objectives and exceed expectations.
Event Specialist Responsibilities:
- Creating and managing our events' calendar.
- Developing event concepts.
- Managing event budgets.
- Site selection.
- Coordinating logistical elements.
- Organizing marketing material.
- Processing payments and invoices.
- Engaging with vendors and arranging security.
- Liaising with speakers and preparing speaking notes.
- Post-event reporting.
Event Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Hospitality, Public Relations, or Marketing.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Project management experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Multi-tasker with strong work ethic.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Expert communication skills.