Public Relations Intern Job Description Template
We are looking for a public relations intern to join our PR department. In this role, you will be working closely with the PR manager and assisting with the writing of media releases, scheduling PR events, conducting research, and much more. You will also be working closely with staff from other departments to determine their PR needs.
To be a successful PR intern, you must be a confident public speaker and have basic skills in copywriting and social media marketing. Ultimately, an outstanding PR intern should be able to build relationships with the media and suppliers of marketing material, while constantly looking for ways to boost the company’s corporate image.
Public Relations Intern Responsibilities:
- Supporting the PR manager in implementing the company’s PR strategy.
- Creating engaging content for media releases, social media platforms, and newsletters.
- Updating and maintaining the company’s social media pages.
- Building relationships with clients and potential clients, suppliers, and the media.
- Providing assistance to the PR manager with the scheduling and organizing of events.
- Giving input on marketing initiatives and suggesting creative ways to improve the company’s public image.
- Conducting research on marketing initiatives of the company’s competitors.
- Monitoring of media coverage on events and media releases that were issued and creating press clippings.
- Updating media lists.
- Performing administrative duties.
Public Relations Intern Requirements:
- Enrollment in a BA or BSc degree in public relations, communication, or journalism.
- Excellent understanding of various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Efficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic budget management skills to track spending on sponsorships, events, and marketing material.
- Comfortable with public speaking and engaging with customers.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- The ability to prioritize your workload and keep to strict content deadlines.
- Willingness to attend corporate events after hours and on weekends.
- Knowledge of copywriting and editing.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.