Psychotherapists conduct talk-based interventions that work to lessen or completely remove their clients' mind-based, maladaptive symptoms. Psychotherapists sometimes also simply endeavor to bolster adaptive functioning among fully-adjusted clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Psychotherapist Job Description Template
We are looking for a multiculturally versed Psychotherapist to deliver scientifically rigorous treatment protocols. A Psychotherapist will elucidate clients' presenting symptomologies, devise interventions, and establish solid relationships with treatment facilities. You should also encourage open but respectful engagement with every client.
To ensure success as a Psychotherapist, you should be diligently reflexive and committed to bolstering clients' extant resources. Ultimately, a wonderful Psychotherapist will exhibit a keen interest in clients' everyday experiences even when these are not the target of their interventions.
- Encouraging and reciprocating sustained openness.
- Uncovering clients' difficulties across emotional, relational, and behavioral spheres.
- Generating comprehensive treatment protocols.
- Discerning and addressing pertinent causal factors implicated in identified concerns.
- Altering internal distortions and providing regulatory guidance.
- Instituting fair and consistently reinforced boundaries.
- Forging trusting connections with reputable inpatient treatment facilities.
- Reporting clients' highly dangerous undertakings to the relevant authorities.
- Undergoing your own supervision, when needed.
- Postgraduate degree in an applicable Psychotherapy-intensive discipline.
- Receipt of supervised applied Psychotherapeutic training.
- Demonstrable experience as a Psychotherapist.
- Expertise in prevailing evidence-based protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled at boosting compliance with interventions.
- Adept at navigating projection, uncertainty, denial.
- A flexible, empathic, and receptive approach to psychotherapy.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources