Prosthodontists specialize in replacing missing teeth and associated oral structures by determining the type of dental prostheses required, having customized dental prostheses manufactured, and fitting them in patients’ mouths. They also treat temporomandibular disorders and various issues associated with damaged and problematic teeth.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Prosthodontist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced Prosthodontist to examine patients and restore missing, damaged, or discolored teeth. The Prosthodontist’s responsibilities include identifying and treating the root cause of oral deterioration, repairing patients' dentures, as well as treating facial pains and temporomandibular disorders. You should also be able to advise patients on sound oral hygiene practices.
To be successful as a Prosthodontist, you should be detail-oriented, patient, and able to handle difficult situations. Ultimately, an exceptional Prosthodontist should demonstrate outstanding communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that patients receive the highest standard of prosthodontic care possible.
- Examining patients using X-rays and dental instruments to determine the type of dental prostheses required.
- Consulting with patients to discuss their dental concerns and medical histories.
- Taking impressions of patients' jaws and teeth to determine the dimensions of the dental prostheses to be fabricated.
- Sending wax models of dental prostheses to the laboratory for fabrication.
- Fitting newly-fabricated dental prostheses in patients' mouths and assessing whether adjustments are required.
- Performing teeth whitening procedures to treat extrinsic tooth discoloration.
- Using bonding procedures to repair cracks and chips, fill small gaps between the teeth, and alter the size of teeth.
- Collaborating with dental and healthcare specialists to develop suitable treatment plans for patients.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD).
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Certified by the American Board of Prosthodontics.
- Proven experience working as a Prosthodontist.
- Sound knowledge of fixed and removable prosthodontics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources