Associate Dentists work in dental practices as either employees or independent contractors. They perform routine and complex dental procedures required to improve patients' oral health, as well as cosmetic dental procedures that improve the appearance of patients’ teeth, gums and bite.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Associate Dentist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Associate Dentist to perform routine and complex dental procedures on patients according to their oral health needs and cosmetic concerns. The Associate Dentist’s responsibilities include developing suitable treatment plans for patients, keeping an accurate record of all appointments, diagnoses, and treatments, and answering patients’ questions. You should also be able to oversee the work of the technical and administrative staff.
To be successful as an Associate Dentist, you should be able to effectively use all dental instruments and equipment without injuring patients. Ultimately, an exceptional Associate Dentist should demonstrate excellent communication skills and ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
Associate Dentist Responsibilities:
- Examining patients' teeth and gums to diagnose and treat various oral health issues.
- Utilizing X-rays and computer-generated imaging to assist with examinations.
- Providing dental treatments to patients, including routine cleanings, extractions, dental fillings, cavity and tooth decay treatments, teeth whitening, bonding, and applications of dental crowns, caps, and veneers.
- Administering local anesthesia to patients as needed.
- Educating patients on good oral hygiene practices and advising them on proper aftercare following certain dental procedures.
- Performing oral cancer screenings.
- Prescribing antibiotics and pain medications to patients as required.
- Ensuring that all dental instruments and equipment are sterilized before each use.
- Taking impressions of patients’ mouths for the fabrication of customized mouthguards and dentures.
Associate Dentist Requirements:
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD).
- State license to practice dentistry.
- CPR certification.
- Proven experience working in a dental practice.
- The ability to use various dental instruments and equipment.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Helpful and polite.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources