Production Technicians evaluate products to ensure quality and functionality. They typically work in factories, inspecting and testing products before they are made available to the public. Production Technicians also ensure the safety of the factory and the availability of required materials.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Production Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative Production Technician to join our team and ensure quality products are delivered on time. The Production Technician's responsibilities will include supervising the control processes, performing various tests on products, writing up reports, diagnosing and resolving problems with products, methods, and equipment, and providing training and general support to the engineering team.
To be a successful Production Technician, you should display great attention to detail and a sound understanding of what makes a good product. Top-notch candidates are able to identify problems in a product and make clear recommendations to workers on the assembly line.
Production Technician Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the required materials are available for production, and that the factory is safe for all workers.
- Inspecting machinery and reporting any faults to management and workers.
- Identifying faults and troubleshooting wherever possible.
- Analyzing performance and products, then making suitable recommendations.
- Scheduling training sessions and refresher workshops as required.
- Establishing high-quality standards and ensuring they are implemented by workers.
- Regularly educating staff members on health and safety regulations.
- Implementing preventative maintenance methods.
- Staying up-to-date with efficient methods of production and equipment maintenance procedures.
Production Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Knowledge of production required.
- Experience in manufacturing would be advantageous.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good powers of observation.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide training.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources