Production Artist Job Description Template
We are looking for a creative, detail-oriented production artist to help us establish and maintain our brand. The production artist's responsibilities include reviewing final copy, layouts, and content, ensuring brand standards, and putting the finishing touches on creative projects.
To be a successful production artist, you should be creative, computer savvy, and meticulous. Ultimately, a top-notch production artist is an expert with digital interfaces, can work well under stress and keep to deadlines, and has a keen eye for details, no matter how small.
Production Artist Responsibilities:
- Working with product managers to refine design specifications and collaborating with art directors, designers, and developers.
- Reviewing graphics, layouts, and fonts before designs are completed.
- Using editing software to finalize designs.
- Suggesting and making improvements to images and image quality in print and digital formats.
- Preparing press-ready files based on the supplied specifications.
- Following development timelines to ensure projects are completed on time.
- Troubleshooting any problems with the design team and the printer.
- Cataloging produced images and graphics for future projects.
- Following up with clients to ensure their expectations have been met.
- Keeping up-to-date with graphic design trends, techniques, and software.
Production Artist Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in visual arts, design, or a related field.
- A qualification in graphic design may be advantageous.
- Proven work experience as a production artist, graphic designer, or similar.
- A portfolio of completed graphics and designs.
- In-depth knowledge of printing processes and software applications, including FlightCheck, Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, and MS Office.
- Experience with digital content, such as social media, online advertising, and email campaigns.
- Basic knowledge of web-development software, including HTML5 and Adobe After Effects.
- Strong analytical, time management, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.