Product Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven product specialist to join our fantastic sales team. Responsibilities include conducting market research and analyzing trends, performing product demonstrations to staff and customers, gathering feedback, and offering recommendations to the engineering team. You may also be tasked with facilitating training sessions, as well as assisting with new product launches.
To be successful as a product specialist, you must have a passion for the products you work with and keep expanding product knowledge. Outstanding product specialists should have a keen eye for spotting market trends, a willingness to inspire clients, and the ability to work both independently and within a team.
Product Specialist Responsibilities:
- Conducting thorough market research, which may include taking surveys, doing desktop research, sending emails and making calls, and even attending product launches of rival companies.
- Answering all product-related questions in a polite manner and addressing queries promptly.
- Collaborating and strategizing with the business and engineering teams.
- Attending workshops and refresher courses in sales and marketing.
- Planning and assisting with new product releases and events.
- Performing product demonstrations for customers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with the development of business plans.
- Scheduling training sessions and attending meetings as required.
- Identifying new market opportunities and relaying this information to the Manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Making helpful product recommendations and suggestions to increase revenue.
Product Specialist Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Extensive experience in retail, sales, or customer service would be advantageous.
- Ability to memorize details like product specifications.
- Articulate and able to perform demonstrations that engage and inspire.
- Deadline-driven, and willing to work after hours.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, as well as great telephone etiquette.
- A strong growth mindset.