Interview Questions for Probation Officers:
1. What do you hope to accomplish in this position?
This reveals the candidate's motivation and attitude towards the work of a probation officer.
2. How would you handle a situation in which a probationer becomes physically threatening?
This demonstrates the candidate's interpersonal and decision-making skills.
3. What experience do you have in dealing with offenders?
This shows the candidate's work experience.
4. What methods do you use to track probationers' progress?
This reveals the candidate's training and knowledge of relevant methods and procedures.
5. How do you establish a relationship of trust with probationers?
This demonstrates the candidate's ability to build rapport with their clients.