Prison Wardens are employed in correctional facilities to manage day-to-day activities. They oversee and train staff, set goals and timeframes, develop prison policies, and ensure staff obey all governmental laws.
When interviewing Prison Wardens, look for natural leaders who demonstrate both mental and physical strength. They should also have knowledge of business management and be able to negotiate in stressful conditions. Be wary of those who lose focus in tense situations and are unable to handle multiple responsibilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Prison Wardens:
1. What made you want to work as a Warden in a correctional facility?
Reveals more about the candidate’s character, their goals, as well as their motivation for choosing this career path.
2. Describe a time when you dealt with a violent criminal. What happened?
Shows mental and physical strength, ability to make decisions under pressure, and to treat criminals justly.
3. What are some of the challenges you foresee in your role as Warden?
Demonstrates knowledge of correctional facilities, and also demonstrates an understanding of the role and suitability for the position.
4. Can you describe some of the highlights of your career so far?
Highlights skill level, experience, and reveals more about what the candidate is passionate about.
5. How do you plan on improving the operations of this correctional facility?
Tests management, planning, and organizational skills, as well as long and short-term goals.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources