Interview Questions for Prison Wardens:
1. What made you want to work as a warden in a correctional facility?
Reveals more about the candidate’s character, goals, as well as their motivation for choosing this career path.
2. Describe a time when you dealt with a violent criminal. What happened?
Shows mental and physical strength, ability to make decisions under pressure, and to treat criminals justly.
3. What are some of the challenges you foresee in your role as Warden?
Demonstrates knowledge of correctional facilities, and also demonstrates an understanding of the role and suitability for the position.
4. Can you describe some of the highlights of your career so far?
Highlights skill level, experience, and reveals more about what the candidate is passionate about.
5. How do you plan on improving the operations of this correctional facility?
Tests management, planning, and organizational skills, as well as long and short-term goals.