Military Police Officers work to safeguard military and adjacent facilities by monitoring and securing the areas under their protection, and by arresting individuals found to be in breach of pertinent legislation. Military Police Officers may also oversee the safe transport of government agents and prisoners.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Military Police Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for a careful and cooperative Military Police Officer to ensure the safety of our military base and its inhabitants. The Military Police Officer should patrol designated areas of the camp, monitor the movement of staff and visitors, and detain those who transgress against our rules. You should be willing to use force to fulfill these and other responsibilities, if needed.
To be successful as a Military Police Officer, you should be trained in all pertinent combat and weapons techniques. A remarkable Military Police Officer will maintain a sense of lightheartedness during leisure time to help offset the serious nature of our work.
Military Police Officer Responsibilities:
- Patrolling the facility to detect and address security breaches.
- Utilizing your combat and weapons training to maintain the safety of our grounds.
- Investigating and addressing suspicious activity on time.
- Detaining trespassers and violent individuals for transfer to another facility, if applicable.
- Transporting dignitaries, government officials, and criminals between stipulated locations.
- Traveling to foreign territories to set up and defend military camps, as required.
- Wearing the correct gear and remaining identifiable when on duty.
- Greeting and interacting with superiors and subordinates in the prescribed manner.
- Working alongside staff, including trained animals, to fulfill your obligations.
Military Police Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of all requisite military training, including combat and weapons programs.
- History of unwavering adherence to legislation.
- Solid knowledge of all military guidelines.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to maneuver military vehicles is preferred.
- Unrivaled composure, resolve, and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to other military bases, if needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources