Principal Software Engineers develop, document, and test software to ensure that the software meets the needs of end-users and achieves business goals. Principal Software Engineers provide technical guidance to development teams and oversee the technical aspects of all projects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Principal Software Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Principal Software Engineer to maintain and upgrade all existing software. The Principal Software Engineer’s responsibilities include recommending adjustments to resolve software issues, improving the functionality of existing software, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards of the company. You should also be able to mentor, guide and train other engineers.
To be successful as a Principal Software Engineer, you should be able to evaluate the user’s needs, time limitations and system limitations when developing software. A stand-out Principal Software Engineer is one who is up to date on new technologies and software development practices.
Principal Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
Principal Software Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proven experience in high-level programming languages, like Java.
- Proven experience in software development methodologies.
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- The ability to multi-task.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources