Interview Questions for Principal Software Engineers:
1. What software have you developed before?
Tests the candidate's level of experience.
2. What is the most complex situation you have experienced with testing software, and how did you handle it?
Tests how the candidate deals with pressure.
3. What are the biggest challenges you have faced when overseeing a development team?
Tests the candidate’s leadership skills and conflict resolution.
4. How do you improve your skills to keep up with the latest software development practices?
Tests the candidate’s commitment to improving and developing skills.
5. Have you ever been faced with a software-related issue that couldn’t be resolved?
Tests the candidate's transparency and how he/she deals with pressure.