The President is the leader or head of a business, organization, agency, institution, union, university, or government branch and works with a board of executives to provide strong leadership for the company. Also known as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the President establishes short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies for the company and ensures the company complies with them.
President Job Description Template
We are looking for a strongly motivated President to join our company and work with our executives to provide exemplary leadership to our workforce. The President's responsibilities include establishing short and long-term goals, presiding over the workforce, managing budgets, ensuring the proper allocation of resources, and ensuring all departments meet their goals. The President is responsible for the company's accountability to the shareholders and the general public and acts as the face of the company.
To be successful as a President, you should have excellent leadership and decision-making skills. You should be innovative and entrepreneurial and have excellent financial and operational working knowledge.
- Overseeing budgets, staff, and executives and evaluating the success of the company.
- Meeting with board members and other executives to assess the direction of the company, develop short and long-term goals, plans, and strategies, and ensure the company's compliance with the stated mission.
- Overseeing the complete operation of the company and ensuring all goals are met based on the company's strategic plans.
- Listening to the viewpoints and reports of the company's Vice Presidents or directors and making the final decisions.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of the company's daily finances.
- Analyzing budgets and financial reports.
- Updating and revising plans to increase the company's profitability and progress.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with the community and industry leaders and encouraging business investments.
- Looking for alliances, mergers, partnerships, and investment opportunities and reviewing and advising on contracts.
- Maintaining your knowledge of tax liabilities, implications, and exemptions, as well as finances and operations.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- A Master's Degree may be preferred.
- 8-10 years' industry experience gained from working your way up the corporate ladder through various roles and jobs.
- Financial and operational knowledge of various industries.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, motivational abilities, and the ability to find and retain talented employees.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources