Pool Service Technicians, also known as Swimming Pool Maintenance Technicians, are trained professionals who treat and maintain swimming pool water. They are mainly responsible for testing the pH of the pool water, treating the water with chemicals and fixing any major cracks or leaks in the swimming pool structure.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pool Service Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a trustworthy and reliable Pool Service Technician to service and maintain our customers' swimming pools. As a Pool Technician, your duties will include driving to the customers' location, testing the pH of the swimming pool water, adding chlorine, acid, and other chemicals to correct the pH as well as repairing light fittings, leaks, cracks, and faulty equipment.
To ensure success as a Pool Service Technician, you should have excellent knowledge of swimming pool equipment and maintenance, be able to work with hazardous chemicals, and interact with clients in a friendly and professional manner.
Pool Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Driving the company vehicle to customer’s location.
- Maintaining equipment and chemical stock levels at store and in the vehicle.
- Testing swimming pool water pH, and chlorine levels.
- Adding acid, chlorine, and other chemicals to correct pH level.
- Cleaning swimming pool using authorized equipment.
- Replacing globes in underwater light fittings.
- Fixing cracks or leaks in the swimming pool structure.
- Fitting and repairing pipes and plumbing for spas and pools.
- Servicing and fixing faulty pool cleaning equipment.
- Completing paperwork and reporting service requirements to management.
Pool Service Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Previous experience as a Pool Technician.
- Knowledge of proper pool cleaning and maintenance methods.
- Extensive knowledge of swimming pool chemicals and their properties.
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, painting and equipment repairs.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Professional appearance.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources