Interview Questions for Pool Service Technicians:
1. What do you think is the most difficult part of treating a swimming pool or spa?
Shows the extent of the candidate’s skills and highlights any weaknesses.
2. What have you done to improve your knowledge of swimming pool technology in the last year?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness to improve their knowledge of the industry.
3. How would you treat a swimming pool that has been abandoned for more than 12 months?
Test the candidate’s knowledge of chemicals and pool technology.
4. Have you ever experienced a time when you could not rectify the pH level and water quality of a pool, and why?
Shows how a candidate can troubleshoot and solve complicated issues on site.
5. What would you do if a client wanted to use their pool immediately, but you just added acid and chlorine?
Demonstrates how the candidate deals with clients and enforces safety procedures.