Pool attendants are responsible for maintaining a safe and clean pool area at hotels, resorts, and private functions. They welcome guests, attend to their needs, and assist swimmers in danger. They also set up the furniture and equipment, conduct routine pool inspections, and ensure that the swimming pool area is neat and organized.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pool Attendant Job Description Template
We are seeking a reliable and trustworthy pool attendant to look after our guests and manage the swimming pool area. In this role, you will be required to welcome and attend to our guests, enforce safety rules, and manage pool equipment and facilities, among other duties.
To be a successful pool attendant, you will need to have excellent customer service skills, be highly organized, and have a good knowledge of swimming pool equipment and maintenance. A skilled pool attendant should be friendly, physically fit, and be able to assist swimmers in danger when necessary.
Pool Attendant Responsibilities:
- Setting up umbrellas, loungers, and other pool furniture.
- Ensuring that the swimming pool, furniture, and facilities are clean and safe.
- Welcoming guests and ensuring their safety and comfort.
- Providing guests with towels, shade, refreshments, and attending to their requests.
- Clearing used towels, glasses, and trash.
- Enforcing safety protocols as set out by the resort or hotel.
- Monitoring the activity of guests and ensuring their safety.
- Reporting any damages or incidences to the supervisor.
- Managing the swimming pool cleaning schedule and performing daily inspections.
Pool Attendant Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one year's experience in the hospitality industry.
- Recent First Aid and CPR certification.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Physically fit, good swimming abilities, and able to perform physical labor in harsh weather conditions.
- Ability to move and lift heavy furniture and equipment.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of pool equipment and safety measures.
- Consistent professional appearance and pleasant demeanor.
- Willingness to work on weekends, holidays, and after hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources