Lifeguards work at beaches, rivers, swimming pools and water parks where they ensure the safety of swimmers and water sport participants. Lifeguards explain and enforce safety rules, rescue people in danger, and use their knowledge of first aid to save lives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Lifeguard Job Description Template
We are looking to recruit an observant Lifeguard to ensure the safety of visitors to our aquatic facility. The Lifeguard will explain safety rules to patrons, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce policies on showers and proper attire. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas, locker rooms and restrooms. You will maintain pool equipment, and monitor and record pool temperatures.
To ensure success you need to assess situations swiftly, and make judicious decisions regarding the safety of swimmers. Top candidates are excellent communicators, swift and safety-minded.
- Overseeing activities at aquatic facility.
- Assisting with swimming lessons.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations and policies to ensure safety of patrons.
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Warning swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performing first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintaining records and reports.
- 16 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- 1+ months related experience.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- AED certification preferred.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.