Podiatrist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled podiatrist to diagnose and treat minor and serious injuries or illnesses relating to the lower legs, feet, and ankles. As a podiatrist, you will be responsible for consulting with patients, applying therapeutic treatments, prescribing orthotics and medications, and conducting foot or ankle surgeries if necessary. You will also be responsible for advising on foot care and general therapy techniques.
To ensure success as a podiatrist, you should have extensive experience with podiatric medicine, excellent diagnostic skills, and advanced knowledge of modern surgical treatments. A skilled Podiatrist accurately diagnoses illnesses or injuries and provides patients with the best treatment for their condition.
- Consulting with patients in a clinic or in hospital.
- Reviewing a patient’s medical history.
- Examining a patient’s leg, ankles, and feet to diagnose diseases, illnesses, or injuries.
- Performing X-rays and physical scans of a patient’s lower extremities.
- Treating sport-related leg or foot injuries.
- Treating deformities and ailments with techniques such as casting or laser therapy.
- Prescribing orthotics and pain relief medication.
- Ordering ultrasounds and bone density tests.
- Performing ankle and foot surgeries.
- Advising patients on proper foot care and therapeutic techniques.
- Doctoral degree in podiatric medicine.
- Practical experience in a hospital or clinic.
- In-depth knowledge of modern surgical and therapeutic treatments.
- Knowledge of related medicines and topical treatments.
- Familiarity with foot abnormalities and genetic anomalies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Advanced diagnostic and fine-motor skills.
- Knowledge of related physical therapy techniques.
- High level of patience and empathy.
- Good decision-making skills.