Project Management Office (PMO) Managers are responsible for defining and setting up the PMO, developing and improving project management office policies and processes, planning out projects, and supervising project team members.
When interviewing PMO Managers, look for candidates who demonstrate strong leadership, organizational, and technical skills. Be wary of candidates who lack experience with project management and its tools.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for PMO Managers:
1. What do you think are the top skills and qualities a PMO Manager should have?
Illustrates the candidate's understanding of the role.
2. What steps would you take when setting up a project management office?
Demonstrates the candidate's previous work experience as well as their knowledge of project management.
3. What would you do if a team member consistently did not adhere to best practices?
Showcases the candidate's knowledge of industry standards, as well as their leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
4. How do you determine a project budget based on the company's resources?
Illustrates the candidate's budget planning skills and their familiarity with managing a company's resources.
5. What method would you follow when managing new requests for the PMO?
Indicates the candidate's knowledge of and experience with the processes for submitting, analyzing, and approving new project requests, as well as their planning and prioritization skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources