The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of project planning. Senior Project Managers create planning schedules, manage budgets and supervise staff members to ensure that the project runs smoothly.
When interviewing Senior Project Managers, the ideal candidate should be able to multitask under pressure. Be wary of candidates with poor leadership abilities.
Interview Questions for Senior Project Managers:
1. What is your approach to managing a project?
Shows the candidates planning and management style.
2. How do you get project teams to adhere to budgets and timelines and other standards? How do you track this information?
Tests management skills.
3. How do you handle conflicts between project teams?
Tests conflict resolution skills.
4. Describe your most challenging and most rewarding experiences as a senior project manager.
Reveals more about history.
5. Tell me about the most complex portfolio of projects you’ve managed. How did you do it?
Tests multitasking skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources