Plumber Helper Job Description Template
We are looking for a hardworking plumber helper to assist our staff with basic plumbing installations and repairs. In this role you will be supporting our qualified plumbers with their daily tasks. You may also be required perform basic plumbing services such as replacing toilet rings and faucet washers.
To ensure success as a plumber helper, you should have excellent physical fitness, a strong desire to learn, and detailed knowledge of plumbing techniques. Ultimately, a top-class plumber helper reduces time to finish a job by handling smaller tasks and assisting with major repairs.
Plumber Helper Responsibilities:
- Packing and sorting plumbing equipment for each job.
- Locating pipe leaks and preparing the work area.
- Fetching tools and buying additional stock and equipment.
- Cutting open walls and structures to expose pipes.
- Installing garbage disposals.
- Adjusting water pressure valves.
- Assisting the Master Plumber with plumbing installations and repairs.
- Replacing faucet washers and toilet wax rings.
- Measuring, cutting, and threading pipes.
- Installing gutters, drainpipes, and runoff systems.
Plumber Helper Requirements:
- Trade school diploma.
- Proven work experience as a Plumber Helper.
- Detailed knowledge of plumbing equipment and techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret construction blueprints.
- Advanced mechanical skills.
- Good physical fitness and dexterity.
- Critical thinker with good problem-solving abilities.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work after-hours and on weekends.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle high-stress situations.