Service Plumber Job Description Template
We are searching for a friendly, reliable service plumber who is always prepared. Responsibilities include repairing pipes, tanks, and water fixtures, unclogging toilets and drains, and handling various residential plumbing requirements. You should also be able to diagnose problems, troubleshoot systems, and collaborate with other contractors when required.
To be successful as a service plumber, you should be willing to do house calls after hours and be able to function under pressure. Oustanding service plumbers are not only masters in their trade, but also offer superb customer service.
Service Plumber Responsibilities:
- Handling a variety of plumbing emergencies efficiently and professionally.
- Installing pipes, drainage systems, sinks, toilets, and heating and cooling systems.
- Testing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Obeying health and safety codes at all times.
- Performing inspections and providing advice to homeowners.
- Selecting the most cost-effective, quality products for installation and repair.
- Working alongside electricians, construction workers, and other professionals.
- Providing time and cost estimates beforehand.
- Communicating effectively with clients, especially when a job is taking longer than expected.
- Being polite and respectful of clients and their homes at all times.
Service Plumber Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- A completed apprenticeship.
- Experience as a plumber would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of water, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strength and dexterity.
- A polite manner and excellent customer service skills.