Plastic Surgery Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated and caring individual to join our team as a plastic surgery nurse. The responsibilities of the plastic surgery nurse include caring for patients undergoing cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, assisting patients in achieving their desired results, and providing perioperative and post-operative care.
To be successful as a plastic surgery nurse, you should have in-depth knowledge of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures and an excellent bedside manner. Ultimately, a top-notch plastic surgery nurse should be friendly, empathetic, and adaptable.
Plastic Surgery Nurse Responsibilities:
- Performing patient screening tasks and reviewing medical history and psychosocial status before surgery.
- Administering non-invasive treatments such as Botox, laser treatments, and chemical peels.
- Preparing the operating room before procedures and assisting with invasive treatments.
- Monitoring the patients before and after their surgeries.
- Discussing patients' procedures with them and explaining what they can expect before, during, and after the procedure.
- Caring for patients after procedures to ensure they are healing properly.
- Providing the appropriate care for the wound or surgery site.
- Supporting patients and families for the duration of the treatment.
- Handling cosmetic and reconstructive patients in an unbiased, non-judgmental way.
- Collaborating with physicians and other team members to ensure all the patient's needs are met.
Plastic Surgery Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in nursing.
- Registered nursing (RN) license.
- Minimum of two years' experience as an RN in plastic surgery.
- Certification in plastic surgery nursing may be advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge of cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Empathy for patients.
- Flexibility and the ability to learn quickly.