Plastic Surgeons are healthcare professionals who modify, improve, and reconstruct parts of the human body. They work with patients who have birth defects, as well as those recovering from injury/illness or those who want to improve or alter their physical appearance.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Plastic Surgeon Job Description Template
We are searching for a skilled Plastic Surgeon to join our surgical team. As a Plastic Surgeon, your responsibilities will include consulting with patients prior to surgery, advising them on the best surgical options and associated risks, and performing surgeries and patient follow-ups. You should be able to communicate with patients of varying ages, work long hours, and remain professional at all times.
To be successful as a Plastic Surgeon, you should be skilled in reconstructive surgical techniques and maintain a steady hand under pressure. Outstanding Plastic Surgeons are active listeners who answer all questions in a non-judgmental manner and are able to ease patients’ anxieties.
Plastic Surgeon Responsibilities:
- Meeting with patients, taking their histories, and examining their files in order to provide them with the best surgical options.
- Outlining all the risks and benefits associated with the surgery prior to the procedure.
- Performing consultations with patients who suffer from birth defects, injuries, burn wounds, or those who want to enhance their physical appearance.
- Preparing patients for surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Prescribing medication like painkillers, antibiotics, and providing aftercare advice to patients.
- Scheduling follow-ups to remove stitches, inspect incisions, and monitor the patients’ healing.
- Handling various administrative duties like updating patient records and clinic policies.
Plastic Surgeon Requirements:
- A degree in Medicine.
- A completed residency.
- Additional courses and training in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Years of practical experience in surgery.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- A sound understanding of patient aftercare and wound management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and impeccable bedside manner.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources