Planning Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a well-organized self-starter with great attention to detail to join our team as the new planning engineer. Day-to-day responsibilities include drawing up work schedules and budgets, delegating tasks, analyzing project specifications and finding cost-effective ways to meet them, liaising with contractors and suppliers, managing resources, and communicating with surveyors, managers, and other engineers. You should be able to analyze data, write reports, and deliver presentations to various stakeholders.
To be successful as a planning engineer, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of the relevant Engineering discipline and be able to anticipate problems. Outstanding planning engineers should have great attention to detail and be able to handle stress well.
Planning Engineer Responsibilities:
- Understanding project specifications and developing time schedules and budgets that meet them.
- Negotiating with vendors and contractors to secure the best prices.
- Observing existing processes, analyzing staff performance, and addressing deficiencies accordingly.
- Monitoring and tracking project progress, and writing up reports.
- Attending and scheduling meetings as required.
- Delegating tasks and ensuring workers receive feedback.
- Understanding and meeting all contract requirements.
- Communicating with managers, supervisors, and the rest of the team.
- Analyzing technical drawings and providing material and cost estimates.
- Ensuring all projects are completed on time and within budgets.
Planning Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering or similar.
- Experience with 3D modeling software.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Planning and project management skills.
- Strong multitasking abilities.
- A valid driver's license.
- Strong analytical, critical, and logical thinking skills.
- A sound understanding of safety protocols.
- Ability to focus under pressure and meet deadlines.