Pipeline engineers design and construct pipe systems for transporting a variety of substances such as gas and oil. They perform site surveys, develop designs for pipeline systems, and construct and install infrastructure for commercial and industrial purposes. They also perform maintenance and repairs and conduct quality control tests on pipelines and pump systems.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pipeline Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly experienced pipeline engineer to design and develop a variety of pipeline systems for our clients. In this role, you will design new pipelines, install and construct pipe infrastructure, and perform maintenance and repairs to existing pipelines.
To be a successful pipeline engineer, you should be mathematically minded and highly accurate in your work. Skilled pipeline engineers should possess excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Pipeline Engineer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with clients to define pipeline requirements.
- Conducting site surveys and research to determine pipeline specifications and placement as well as pump sizes.
- Preparing and presenting technical materials such as cost estimates, pipeline layouts, and flow simulations.
- Calculating project requirements such as materials, budget, and time.
- Creating and developing digital designs such as pipeline maps, blueprints, and mechanical diagrams.
- Overseeing the construction and installation process of pipeline infrastructure and systems.
- Managing the project workflow and budget.
- Performing quality control assessments and ensuring that the pipelines comply with all technical and safety regulations.
- Performing maintenance, repairs, and upgrades to pipelines, as needed.
- Keeping up to date with the latest advancements in design software, technical standards, and construction techniques.
Pipeline Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, or structural engineering.
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
- A minimum of four years of experience as a pipeline engineer or similar.
- Proficiency in mechanical design software such as AutoCAD and Pipeline Studio.
- Excellent knowledge of PHSMA regulations.
- Experience with pipeline construction techniques such as welding, excavation, and assembly.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Willingness to travel and work in harsh weather conditions.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources